Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Rain Rain

Image by Dee Adams – available on etsy
I apologise for my lack of posting this week. I must admit I have been busy at work (my 9-5 job that pays the mortgage) – but it is more than that which has stopped me blogging. Every time I went to blog, I felt guilty that I should be looking, thinking and writing about pretty and somewhat frivolous things when so much of our country is in a state of emergency and tragedy. People have lost their lives, homes and worldly possessions, and I am talking about pretty stationery!
So why I am I posting now? Well I have decided (and this is my opinion only) that those that have been affected would not want us to put our lives on hold. We must live our lives to the fullest whilst we can.
You would all have noticed the multitude of charity auctions going on at the moment on line.
I have donated goods to the AusDisasterRelief etsy store (my items have sold but there is loads more there), the Summerblossum Handmade Accessories Charity Auction, the Handmade Kids & Rudy & The Dodo Flood Appeal ($4000 raised in the first hour alone – this is going to be a big one) and the Chantal Vincent blog and facebook auction (to start Monday).
Please show your support and buy up big – Christmas may be over, but Christmas will come next year as will birthdays – so why not do all your shopping now, get it out of the way, and support a good cause while you can.
There are a ton of other auctions going on – for a comprehensive list of some of them– check out Steph Bond’s Bondville website for details.
For the next couple of weeks, my 9-5 job is going to be full on, so I will apologise now and say my blog posts may be few and far between. I will however be regularly on facebook and twitter (ah the joys of an iphone) so feel free to join me there.

1 comment:

  1. Kate, thanks for this post. Much of our extended family is in Brisbane, Woodford, Toowoomba and I felt what you described in the opening paragraph. You talked about it, I didn't and feel like I should have. Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you when you are back blogging and hope work settles down for you soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...